Tuesday, July 04, 2017

*Mini Honeymoon to Langkawi Day 1

Dear Diary,

I finally managed to squeeze in some dear time to do a short update on my blog. As all of you have known, it has been almost a month plus since #TeamRNAxWedding.

Honestly, I am still not over my wedding yet. Everything about it was just full of beautiful & sweet memories. Yes, the preparations was crazy but the end product, the wedding ceremony itself is something that I would not even exchange it for the world.

D and I are happily married now, Syukur Alhamdulilah. I no longer have to feel the "pain" of his absence whenever he send me home after our dating days. Hehehe! Thank you Allah SWT for making this wedding possible. I get to see him every day and we get to come home to each other every day too (minus the days when he does night shift. Tsk!) Most of all, I get to cuddle & kiss the person I love every single day halal-ified! Lol!

So to cut all the sweetness of this post, I shall do my wedding update details the next time and go into details about our mini honeymoon. Yay!

D and I decided on Langkawi for our mini honeymoon. We had like 3 short days to travel because the week after was the fasting month, Ramadhan. We wanted to go to somewhere that doesn't have anything much to do but more of relaxation. We didn't want to do any water sport activities or any kind of any activities (too tired from the wedding) but just to lay back & relax after a long months and months of wedding preparations. So, after much research and asking around from friends & colleagues, that is when we decided on Langkawi.

Langkawi Day 1 - 24th May 2017

Our flight to Langkawi via Air Asia was at 1015 hours and so by 0730 hours, we did a grabcar all the way to the Terminal 1, airport from CCK which cost us $35. We were too lazy to go public. LOL! We reached the airport approximately about 0830 and we did a check-in via the machine. We did not have a luggage to check-in since we don't think we need any luggage to go along for Langkawi. And pardon us, it was our FIRST time traveling, so we were both quite a noob looking for the counters in the airport to check-in, but we did with some help there, we finally got our boarding tickets printed. Hehe!

Since we were early and I am quite a morning person, I wanted to have breakfast and we settled down for Coffee Bean for breakfast. D were telling me (feeling-feeling gitu) about how this is his first trip without his parents. Oh sure, it wasn't my first to travel far without my parents (second actually) BUT...it was definitely my FIRST to travel without any "adult supervision". Hahahaha! After breakfast, it was just nice for us to enter the boarding gate.

While waiting,

We didn't have to wait that long before we get to board the flight. Hehehe! Both D and I was so excited yet nervous at the same time. Excited because we can't believe we are both adult and qualified to travel just the two of us (without having our parents to kill us because we're both married now). This show how strict our parents can be. Hehe! And nervous too because we don't know if we can manage ourselves there without getting lost.


I didn't get the window seat but oh well, I still managed to capture beautiful shot of the sky.

It was a smooth 1 hour 30 minutes journey straight to Langkawi and I slept throughout. (I declare myself airsick) I always worry about the immigration part when I'm at a foreign country because I've been to Australia and I notice some of the immigration officer can be quite strict and scary. And I've heard from some friends who travel to other country too having problems while at immigration, but Alhamdulilah Langkawi was fine.


So happy to be in a foreign country when I touched down. I look around here and there and it seems like there are many tourist compared to local when we arrived. Hehehe! The airport is nothing much to look at even compared to Singapore's budget Terminal 1, we even had to alight and walk on the ground floor to enter the immigration checkpoint. Singapore make us pampered in a way when we enter is right through the checkpoint and it's air-conditioned. Heee! But we were still so glad and happy to be there.

After we got our passport 'Langkawi' stamped, we were greeted by a few people at the arrival hall (no, we don't know them) who offer us to rent cars during our stay in Langkawi. A lot of my friends and relatives who have been to Langkawi, told us to rent a car because it will be wayyyyy much easier for us to get around with car in Langkawi. I was afraid if we will get ourselves lost while driving, but everyone convinced us that Langkawi is only a "small island" and we will never get lost there. Besides, there is always a first for everything right. And so we did!

We accepted the offer from the first man who approached us to rent from his car's rental company at RM60 per day, which was really a good deal. Even that man told us not to be afraid, assuring us that we won't get lost because Langkawi again, is just a "small" island. Smirking smiley The guy then took D's driving particulars (since he will be the one driving) and we were good to go.

Our rented car

Side track:- I actually borrowed a Malaysia prepaid card from my bestfriend, Hernie for GPS purposes. There is actually a prepaid and phone counter the moment you stepped out from the airport and you can get them at 10RM or even 15RM for a week of GB. Unless if you prefer to use the map to navigate yourself, else GPS & google map from the phone is so so much easier. Another plus point with prepaid is that, I was able to do whatsapp update on the go without needing the hotel wifi too. Hehehe!

We could only check-in into our room at 3pm, so we had an hour to do what we wanted to do before checking in to our room. So, D decided to top up the car's petrol first at a nearby petrol kiosk since the car rental company only gave us a 1/4 petrol filled. We drove and asked a local nearby for the nearest petrol kiosk and they said it's nearby, giving the directions like it's near. The thing is, the local are used to this place that everything to them is near. Lol! :lol: We drove around but still couldn't find the petrol kiosk when D told me to start using the GPS to locate the nearest petrol kiosk. He was already annoyed by then because truthfully, he dislike driving but had no choice to drive around here. I had to calm him down and told him not to spoil our holiday, since we are here to enjoy & have fun. And so he apologized.

I was trying to ease D's burden, so I helped to navigate the GPS on behalf of D. I forever sucks at directions & navigating but I did it! Hehehehe! The nearest petrol kiosk was like 15 minutes drive away from the airport and we have been going around the circle. Hahaha!

So after refilling the petrol, suddenly the car couldn't start. Can you imagine how mad D was at that point of time. image It was already hot plus he dislike driving and now the car couldn't start. Hahaha! Thank God I had a Malaysia prepaid with me and the car's rental company number, and so we called the guy to let him know the problem. He came about 20 minutes after and got the battery of the car fixed and we are good to go again. Meanwhile, I bought ice-cream just to calm the both of us down. Hehe! The sales person at the petrol kiosk was nice too, he tried to help us start the car and when failed, he said, we could park here while waiting for the person to fix our car come.

I told D prolly there's a blessing why things happened because now it's just nice to check-in to our room - Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi.

Picture Credit. Our resort is like 15 mins drive away from the airport.

This resort is slightly pricey compared to some other rooms/hotels/resorts but not the most expensive one here. But I was telling myself, why not pay slightly more for a comfortable room since we are going to stay inside the room most of the time to just relax and not go anywhere.

We park our car at the carpark (I chose this hotel too because they had free parking) and we were greeted nicely by the resort's staff at the lobby. They prepared us a drink and cold towel for us to clean and freshen ourselves from the hot weather while they processed our application etc. before giving us our room.

15 minutes later, we were given a room number and pass. The staff was nice to inform us the nearest eatery and where are all the other nearest places are located for us to get around easily. We were then told to wait at the back of the lobby, which then a buggy driver will fetch us to our room. I was like "Wahh! Buggy?!" And their buggy services is free. They can fetch you from your room to any location in the hotel you wanted to go. So happy I cannot because our room is a distant away from the lobby to walk.

Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi

Our room was located at the 2nd storey and I remember to say my prayers before entering the room. Hehehe! I fall in love with my room. The King size bed is so comfortable! We had a balcony and I chose the swimming pool view plus they had bath tub in the toilet, so happy I wanted to do my bath bomb and bubble bar. Hehehe! The toilet is huge, I cannot. Everything about the room is nice and cozy. I got myself change and lay down on the bed and look at D (he didn't see this). I cannot explain with words how bless and happy I am now married to this man, blissful reality snap me hard too, that we can travel anywhere just the both of us from now onwards without people telling us no. Hehe!

Sidetrack: I guess our parents did a good job in "controlling" us. So children out there, unmarried couples... Please keep things special to only after marriage. Travel only when you're married and not before you're married, because that feeling is special that I could not even explain. You feel it yourself. Hehe! 

D and I were tired to travel out yet so hungry at the same time, the last meal we had was our breakfast. So, we ordered room service for food even though it was expensive. Hahaha! A plate of kway teow cost us RM45, approximately S$6. HAHAHA! But heck, we are here to finally ENJOY.

After lunch, we both accidentally fall asleep and wake up at around 1700 hours. D, said we have to drive out to get our toiletries and small bites for us to munch in our room, plus we wanted to get dinner as well. Heee! I navigate the GPS to drive out to Cenang Mall (since it's the nearest to our resort), half-way up we saw a provision shop and we stopped there to buy our shampoo, soap and I needed my coffee while D need his Milo.

We then drove up to Cenang Mall and I was so happy that this mall is not exactly outdated as I think it will be. Lol! They have Starbucks, McDonalds, Guardian store, KFC, Manhattan Fish Market too mind you. Lol! D and I decided to get a drink from Starbucks, food from Manhattan Fish Market for myself and KFC for D. We wanted to try the local food there but the food are mostly street food and we weren't too daring to try food from most shop, not because we think it's not clean (you know I', not that kind because I rembat all food) but we don't see much tourist at the food places, mostly local compared to places like those in KFC, Manhattan Fish etc.

Cenang Mall
 
Both D and I bought slippers

Bought these at Cenang Mall

Bought our food back to our resort and we had dinner in our room, while letting time past and watching TV.

I was that tired that I didn't wish to start my bath bomb and bubble bar activity but I had a lot of it and I don't think I can finish all of it tomorrow, since I have only left 1 more night left to finish up the bath bomb and bubble bar And so I did it, drag myself into the toilet, watch the bath bomb colour disperse inside the water in the bath tub and had a one hour long.

My bestfriend bought for me these cute bath bombs!





I wasn't feeling quite well on that day, I guess I had stomach flu and I vomited non-stop especially before bed time. So basically, I didn't really have anything left on my dear stomach. But D  was the sweetest, never fail to make for me Milo, so that I at least have something in my tummy before bed time.


Facebook Heart EmoticonFacebook Heart EmoticonFacebook Heart Emoticon

Stay tuned for the next update..

XOXO,
Princess Azie Anni 

No comments: