Saturday, November 18, 2017

Avani Sepang Gold Coast Resort, Malaysia Day 1

Dear Diary,

I am currently using my husband's laptop to blog. I wasn't keen on using his because I'd rather use mine but he insisted in allowing me to blog using his personal laptop. Wrapped Heart Emoticon My laptop's keyboard decided to die on me yesterday while I was doing my laptop's clean-ups + the antivirus & anti-malware scans which I left it to run overnight. I woke up in the morning with my laptop already restarted and as I tried to key in my password to my laptop, I realized, nope, no alphabets or keys were typed in.

Woke my husband up while almost crying (at this rate of how many months we've been married, he is used to 'that I usually cry at every little things that affects me.' Lol!) and he tried to help me save my laptop but to no avail. So the only thing left is to bring it for repair tomorrow when D is on leave. Well, I hope it won't cause me much because I truly love my laptop besides the keyboard now giving the problem, it is still in working condition. Not very fast but not very slow as well. :( It is my FIRST laptop that I bought using my own money. Technically, the 2nd laptop I own.

 

Anyway, I am here to blog on the recent vacation that D and I went. I guess this vacation marks the end of our last vacation for this year. Yes, just this year but not on the upcoming years. Hehehe! I guess I'm too addicted in traveling that all I want to do now is just see and travel the world.

Again, I wanted to go somewhere where not most people have been to. Probably the last time I can do this because the next places that I would want to go are places that most of my friends have been to. Hehe! Andddd....yes, D and I went to Sepang in Malaysia and reside in the resort called - Avani Sepang Gold Coast Resort.

I actually planned for a 4D3N itinerary but I had to cut the vacation short since my parents-in-law was going to do their mini haj on our 4th day and we wanted to see them off at the airport. Still it was better than nothing that we somehow get to travel and relax even if it's for 1 short day. Hehe!

D and I didn't drive to Sepang, Malaysia because we do not own a car. We could have rented a car but I dare not because I don't really dare to drive in Malaysia, neither does D. I did my own research on how I could transport :lol: ourselves from Singapore over to Avani. And I found that there is a bus that drive from Singapore to Sepang Avani on a daily basis and the company is called Golden Coach. I booked it online on the 'Easy Book' website - http://www.easybook.com/en-sg/bus/booking/singapore-to-avanisepanggoldcoast both the going and return tickets and we are good to go!

The bus fetch its passenger either from Concorde Shopping Centre at 0845 hours or City Plaza at 0815 hours. Afraid that we might not be able to wake up so early at 8.15am, D and I decided to choose the boarding timing at 8.45am. I didn't take leave the day before we travel, so I had to settle all the house chores; the laundry etc etc etc and it was only at 3.30am that I managed to pack my things while D was already in his la la land. Lol!

Day 1 - 14 November 2017

D tried to wake me up in the morning but I couldn't wake up at all that morning. I even took my pillow to cover my face to ignore him. Lol! Poor husband. In the end, of course I managed to wake up to shower etc. but we were already running late. We were supposed to reach Concorde Shopping Centre at 8.15am (30 minutes before departure) and we planned to reach there by 8am at least by public transport. I tried to do a grab hitch the night before but there wasn't anybody who wants to give us a hitch. Hurhur! At 0730am, D told me to just do a justgrab. I saw how the price from $17 jumped all the way to $26 and grabshare was about $24.  So heartbroken. D then told me to do just a standard taxi booking because it ranges from $17-$26 (I never trust the range because I'm sure it will still be as expensive) which I did. In the end, with 2 ERPs the total fare was $28.50 even more expensive. :zonked:

Thank God, I've been to Concorde Shopping Centre quite a few times during those days to Zouk 😜 and I did a waxing there once too. So, I guide D to where the Golden Coach company was. And surprisingly, there was no one there yet at 8am. LOL! We were early. At 8.15am, one of the staff walked in to open the door and after switching on her computer, she told us to come in. I didn't manage to ask the lady for her name but she was friendly. She talked to us and arranged for us our tickets. She even offered us drinks and coffee and asked us if we wanted food or breakfast but we didn't wanted any. Hehehe! There was only 4 of us in the coach today and she was teasing why we chose the seat all the way to back and the other couple chose their seat all the way to the front. LOL! Old couple VS young couple, I supposed.

At 8.30am, the driver walked in. The lady have already made him coffee and bought him some breakfast to pass it to him, she was really such a nice employer (I rarely get to see this kind of sight)and then she told us to follow the driver to head to our bus.
 
It was a smooth 5 hours drive with 2 stops. 1 stop to fill up the bus' petrol, which D and I bought something to eat inside the bus (yes you can eat & drink inside the bus) and the other stop for toilet break.
 
D bought this to eat. Hehe!
 
We past Port Dickson first
 
 
 
After, 5 hours of ride our bus driver told us "Avani can alight here" and dropped us at a bus stop near the road side. This part scare me a little because I thought the coach bus will drive us all the way to Avani resort but apparently not. LOLOLS! Even D was as puzzled, of course he would be because I'm the one doing all the booking. I thought I book us tickets half-way to get stranded on an unknown place but nope, a taxi driver came to pick us up from there. It was an Indian driver as well.


Caught sight of these. Hehehe! We don't get to see this in Singapore.

The driver was nice as well, he asked us if we already had breakfast and don't mind to stop us anywhere or bring us anywhere for lunch. But D and I just wanted to reach Avani fast, so we can have lunch there instead. We just wanted to check-in and rest after the long hours of bus ride.

And this part about the journey to Avani, I'm not sure if it's funny or offensive? The Indian driver thought both D and I were Chinese and kept offering us if we wanted to eat Bak Kut Teh since they have the best Bak Kut Teh there. He even mentioned the Chicken Rice there is the nicest. I mean I would love to! Chicken Rice I meant but when he said the popularity there are mostly Indian & Chinese, I could just imagine and felt unsure if the Chicken Rice is halal. So of course, we rejected him nicely. When he started to mention things about Malay. Hmmmmmmm... :/ About how Malays can be difficult only want Halal things that's why we are difficult to progress. Like when it comes to food or clubbing. He did say other things about Malay too which some part I choose to agree about it but only the Halal part, although there could be some truth to that but when it comes to religious wise, dosa is still a dosa. A sin is still a sin. Some religion requires them to be vegetarian or not to eat beef etc and you don't see anyone saying things like it's so troublesome why they have to be that way etc because one thing in Singapore, which I'm so thankful about, we don't see any of our friends saying such things about other people's religion or our friends who are not the same religion as us because we are brought up in a way to UNDERSTAND and ACCEPT each other's differences. And who say having Halal and Haram cause one to be laid back and not progressive? Singapore is one example that practices on the Halal and Haram (food/clubbing) and we have MUIS to take care of it and yet, we are still a forward nation. If it's haram like food or clubbing then we just avoid lorrrr. And when he kept saying Lexis Hisbiscus in Port Dickson is so much nicer than Avani Sepang, it makes me feel quite demoralized for choosing my stay in Avani.

But anyway, the driver was nice enough to stop us near a shop so that I can get my top-up card for my Malaysia prepaid. I think the driver then realized that D and I were Malay. From calling me 'Ah Moi' he called me 'Adik' after that. LOL! He also apologize to us hoping that we don't feel offended or complain about him after what he have said. LOL! But D and I are not an extremist kind. People have their own rights to their own thoughts, as long as we reach my journey safely, that is what most important to us. Hurhur!

It was about 20 minutes ride and we finally safely reached Avani. Alhamdulilah! We still tipped the taxi driver despite all that. I always believe when people treat you unkind, you still treat them nice and be a better version than what they have said. So, peace people. Give peace.

Avani Sepang Gold Coast Resort  



The view here is amazing. The moment I saw the water villa I really cannot wait to check-in to see how the water villa will look like especially on top of the water like that. Despite the reviews saying check-in usually take so long, ours was super fast on that day, less than 10 minutes. I guess we went during the non-peak days. The check-in timing says at 3pm but we were allowed to check-in at around 2.45pm. The lady at the counter was nice too, D and I actually booked for the Superior Room but we were upgraded to the Family Villa.  I was so happy that I kept thanking the staff. Even though we don't really need the Family Villa since there's 2 bedrooms in there and D and I only needed 1. Hehe! But the room there has more privacy, has a bathtub (I didn't soak inside since it doesn't really look clean =X, Lol!) and it's nearer to the pool + restaurant compared to where the superior rooms are located.

 

We were buggied to our room to check-in to our rooms and we cannot feel more happy. The place is just so calm and relaxed and I totally forgot about what the driver mention it not being nice than Lexis Hisbiscus, because this place is enough to make me feel contented. I of course, keep taking pictures the view from our room and balcony.



At high tide.

Since we haven't had lunch yet, D was pestering me if we could go to the restaurants for food first and my pictures later. Hehehe!

Bila-Bila Restaurants


There are a few restaurants around Avani I guess but the nearest one to our room is definitely Bila-Bila restaurants just opposite the infinity pool. The moment D saw the menu, it wasn't appetizing much to him because there wasn't much variety of food on the menu. We left the place after asking for the menu and wanted to head to Sepoi-Sepoi Restaurant. Half-way in the buggy, the buggy driver mentioned that sepoi-sepoi is close for a month due to renovation and we are left with no choice but to have lunch at Bila-Bila restaurants. There are other restaurant like Chinese Stimboat restaurant but I wasn't sure if it was Halal or not and the Perahu restaurant is only open at 6pm. LOL! So we u-turn back to have lunch at Bila-Bila.


Beggars can't be choosers we just chose what we think would be best.
 

My Shirley Temple and D's hot Milo. Too sweet he couldn't finish. LOL!

Surprisingly, the Beef burger was nice and so was the Chicken Grilled Sandwich. We both love it and were so full from it after that.

After lunch, we headed back to our water villa to chill and watch TV while I continued taking pictures till the night falls in. Hehe!




Oh yes, as we were meddling with the TV instead of having to call from the phone straight, you can actually order or ask for any services from the TV. Like even in-villa dining services etc. For example, D and I plan to board the shuttle bus the next day at 2pm. All we had to do is select that option and pressed submit. The staff will then call you within 1 minute. Yes that efficient! To confirm with you of what you order or what you requested.


Till I continue in the next entry again for our Day 2 and Day 3 in Avani.

XOXO,
Princess Azie Anni 

No comments: