Friday, March 10, 2017

Ayer Hitam

Dear Diary,

Last week weekend D's family and I headed to Ayer Hitam, JB intention to look for our berkat and other wedding necessities there. It was sweet on his family side to bring me along as well since there is no one in my family particularly could drive me there and since I am the ONLY person who settle almost everything about my wedding - ON MY OWN. Haiz!

It was a long drive to the place but of course not that long compared heading to KL by car. Probably about an hour and a half long drive. And we stopped in between places for toilet break and breakfast before reaching our destination. D's parents and sister had prata while D had Nasi Lemak and I had rice + asam pedas + spinach and kalian vegetables for myself. I THINK his family probably looked at me slightly surprised, probably thinking that I could really eat. =X But...that's just me in the morning, I usually have super heavy breakfast and slow down on lunch and nothing or probably as light as drinking just a glass of milk for dinner.

---

Ayer Hitam, JB

Upon reaching, I was so happy to see the whole stretch filled with wedding stuff. From your gubahan (wedding tray), bunga pahar, sirih dara and sirih junjung deco etc etc etc and definitely wedding favours which can be bought at a much much cheaper price there. Considering the RM rate VS sgd rate now, so why not.

We walked down the stretch of shops when one shop caught his parents' attention (no apparent reason) and so we went in. Just happened, everything they wanted can be found in that shop and we decided to buy everything from that one shop. The tactic is:- The more you buy, the more you can bargain, the lesser you pay, hopefully.

I realized it says no camera but I kinda snap the photos already. =X Hehehe!

Ayah has already decided to give 'Telur asin' (Salted egg) as my wedding favours. Egg is really the traditional and classic kind of wedding favour which I love about and it also signifies fertility. Examples of different 'Egg wedding favors'

 
 
Cute rightttt?

While, parents decided to give a more practical favour on his side - a towel. Examples of 'Towel wedding favors'

 
 

I wanted to give towel too initially but a lot of my colleagues doesn't really fancy towels because they said they have too many towels at home. Lol! So I decided not to give them something they don't want, afraid they will dump it away. :zonked: I really want to give something that people would use/like/eat.

Anyway, D's parents bought 700 of those towels which was pre-packed nicely in a cute little box (really) and stuffed everything inside the car. It was funny how we came empty handed and headed back home full with stuff inside the car that we can't even see our face. Lol! I bought another wedding favours just for my non-muslim friends and other friends, who prefer to have things that they can 'keep' to remember my wedding day because some of my friends are sentimental like that. :biggrin: They said if they received food favours, once it's consumed, it will be gone and nothing to be remembered of. But for us Malay/Muslim people who have always attended weddings, we usually prefer food favors because we don't want it to be space consuming and to collect dust at home. But to each its own, so I have 3 favours altogether to cater to people wants.

I went to Larkin, JB as mentioned the other time and I bought Hand fans. I think its quite practical since Singapore is so hot nowadays and I've seen many people carry hand fans everywhere. Examples of 'Hand fan wedding favor'

 
 
Pretty designs aren't they?

I wanted to get more hand fans because the last time I didn't buy much of it but sadly, Ayer Hitam doesn't carry anymore hand fan.  I wanted to get 'Coasters' as the next option BUT they don't carry coasters as well. So I had to look for another option for wedding favour. This time something else caught my eyes and I found it quite practical as well,

 
 

Tadaaaaa! No amount of fork and spoon is ever enough? Lol! To those friends who don't prefer to carry hand fans around (probably guys especially), they can bring home this. Hehehehe!

Okay, the slightly complicated part comes in when I have to distribute the wedding favours on the wedding day itself, because not everybody will get the egg, the hand fan and the fork+spoon. I have to find ways on how to distribute the wedding favors to the right person. But Insyaallah, I'll get my Bridesmaid to help me with that. Sorry Bridesmaid, you all cannot just sit down and look pretty, everybody's gotta work, work, work and help, help, help around. Hehehe!

Uh, the many beautiful bunga pahar that was available there. This is only a few of them. They have a lot of it! Different colours that I wish I could buy ALL of it.



Not bad right the price? And I should have bought 2 boxes lahhh. Tsk!

We even ordered Sirih Dara and Sirih Junjung there as well and to be collected only by next week. And Ayah wasn't too please that our sirih was actually plastic. =X Because my dad is more of the traditional kind whereas D's parents said, nowadays nobody eat sirih, thus, plastic ones will do. Hurhur! But I'll look into it how, I'll try to learn if I can make one because I still remember that I actually did Adik's sirih dara 2 years ago during her wedding. I remembered some of my superstitious auntie was telling me not to touch it. According to them 'Anak dara cannot do sirih dara' BUT...Mama was terribly sick on that day, she was lying down fighting and battling her cancer pain and Mak long was doing the sirih dara all alone by herself. I couldn't help it, so I just put on a deaf hear and helped Mak Long with Adik's sirih dara.

All in all, we were supposed to head to another place to look for many other wedding stuff but due to the many amount of loots we bought back, we decided to just head home. Lol! So people, if you have a car or a vehicle to travel to the other side of Malaysia to look for wedding stuff at a cheaper price - Ayer Hitam is the answer to your everything. But you really have to bargain your way (which is what D's mom did and she is really good at bargaining. Lol!) because they know a lot of Singaporeans come over to buy from them. Alternatively, Larkin (Joo Bee) shop too.

Haiz! Even blogging about this Ayer Hitam place makes me want to go back there again because I still have many things to buy but sadly, I have no vehicle to travel there....  And I don't want to trouble D's parents anymore.

Till here people.

XOXO,
Princess Azie Anni 

No comments: