Monday, March 25, 2019

*Kuala Lumpur Day 1 - 2

Dear Diary,

D and I had our first trip of the year last week. We headed off to just somewhere nearby because I needed to clear my leave. Yes, I finally tender from my the company I am working now. I'll talk about this next time because today's focus would be about my KL trip. πŸ™Š

Day 1 - 10th March 2019

We chose and booked Aeroline bus for our KL trip. I've travel with Aeroline before with my bestfriends and I have always told D about Aeroline. So this time, he wanted to try too. And I'm glad he likes it too.



We could have done flight but if flight VS Aeroline I would have chosen the latter. Reason being first, Aeroline pick-up point is at Harbourfront. It's definitely super convenient for us staying in the West instead of traveling all the way to Changi Airport. Secondly, being bus means you don't have to pay extra for luggage. Oh! You can bring BIG luggage as you want although rules stated you can bring only 1 medium sized luggage & a hand carry luggage. πŸ™Š Thirdly, bus also means you can bring liquid with you without having to buy and pay extra for check-in luggage. Forth, I don't get airsick. Told you my problems with planes. I get super airsick. But I could sit 11 hours in the bus and I'll still be fine. Lol!




This is not a paid blog. Lol! But what I truly love about Aeroline besides all the point stated above. They have 'cabin crew' k. Hehe! They provide plain water bottle drink & other drinks (ranging from Black Coffee, White Coffee or Chocolate) & food (Vegetarian or Halal meal) inside bus. They have in-flight bus entertainment okay. They provide blankets, they provide headphones. They have a toilet for you to do quick release. And when you reach the check-point the bus driver will help to carry your luggage off from the luggage compartment. SIA enough? πŸ€— But I won't deny that it's slightly expensive compared to other bus coach. Aeroline per trip is about $50 whereas if you compare other bus company heading to KL, it can cost as low as $19. But hey for 5 hours bus ride, you pay for their service. So it's still worth it!


Food

My Hot Chocolate

Songs, movies, shows, name it. Enough to keep you entertain for 5 hours in the bus.


Anyway, trick to get cheaper return to Singapore is to buy the tickets at the counter in KL instead of buying return tickets online. So what we did was we only buy tickets online from Singapore to KL. And when we reach KL, we immediately buy our return tickets back to Singapore from their counter in KL. This what my bestfriend, Hernie taught me. Heh!

Kuala Lumpur,

The journey to KL was relatively smooth. No jam. I guess because it was a Sunday morning. Usually on Sunday, people from Malaysia are coming in to Singapore for work on Monday. Whereas, we are going against that flow. The bus took one pit stop for us to rest for 20 minutes, to buy snacks or even do 'big' business if you have to.



We continued our journey for the next hours. Watching movie and dozing off until we reach our destination. Aeroline dropped us at Corus Hotel in KL. We then buy our going back tickets from their counter in Corus Hotel and then headed to KLCC which was nearby, probably less than 7 minutes walk. Luckily, I've traveled once with my bestfriends to KL and I can roughly recall some routes we took. Well, you can choose to stay in Corus Hotel too, easier. As the pick-up will also be from there as well when heading home but D and I choose to stay at another hotel.

Suria KLCC

We were so hungry by then for lunch and so we headed to KLCC to look for food.



I had a list of food places to go to and decided to go for K-Fry urban or Dotty's at KLCC. K-Fry urban restaurant had a super long queue and we were so hungry to wait. We decided to settle for Dotty's instead but end up walking around like crazy with our luggage and bags but still couldn't find the place. Their directory is so confusing. Unlike Singapore we only have Basement 2, Basement 1 and then Level 1, 2 and 3. But theirs was like Ground 1 and I don't know C-1 and etc. Plus KLCC is so huge, we were tired to keep walking as we kept going in circles. We gave up and decided to just settle for Nando's because we kept stumbling upon Nando's when walking.


Full.

We walked around in KLCC to look for DIGI to buy our prepaid cards for data. This time we were smart enough to ask the information counter people instead of going around in circles. Sadly, no more DIGI store in KLCC and the staff said the nearest would be the shopping center across KLCC, which was Avenue K. We walked over to Avenue K, bought our prepaid cards and were ready to book Grab to head off to our hotel. Tired too. Throughout our journey in KL, our prices for grab ranges from RM5 being the cheapest and RM16 being the expensive one. Still not bad.

The journey took us about 10 minutes to reach and cost us abt RM9. The grab driver was nice. Telling us our hotel is cute, even the staff wear some kind of cute uniforms. True enough, when we reach, the bell boy was wearing those British army kind of uniform. Sooo cute.

The Majestic Hotel - Autograph Collection.


The price we paid for 3 nights.

I've seen some of my friends stayed in this hotel and especially my sister-in-law, Maria who always frequent this hotel. I'm glad we choose this hotel, like my friends all said when they saw this in my instastory, so Majestic! Hehehe!


So in love with the toilet and....the toilet have its own screen to watch TV while you're soaking in the bath tub. Amazing!




We lazed around for at few hours, even knock off. Wake up at around 6pm and decided to have our dinner. was afraid that it will be too late or dark just like when we were in Langkawi or JB. So, I told him, KL is like Singapore. Their night life, I would say it's so much better than Singapore. I miss how shops in Singapore used to close at 1030-11pm just like in KL but after the Government's announcement for a 5-day work week etc. Shops in Singapore closes by 9.30pm. I mean it's good to have more rest but people like me who work from 1-9pm, doesn't get a life to "shop" or buy stuff. We left for work before the shop open, only 30 minutes for break (don't even get to go out to buy things) and we come home when the shop closes. So stressful especially if I need to buy/get something really urgent.

Pavilion

Okay back on track. This time, we decided to head off to Pavilion instead as I wanted to go to Lush and buy bath bombs too.




I went  a little bit crazy at Lush. Hehe!






My buy.

We dine in at Tony Roma's. I was actually having a toothache and so, I didn't get those steak kind of meals, fearing that my toothache will worsen. Luckily, it didn't.




We couldn't finish our burger because we were still feeling quite full from Nando's. Hahaha! So we decided to pack our burger in case we wanted to eat them for supper. Walked around Pavilion and discovered,

Fahrenheit shopping centre was nearby but it was too late to head over.

Bought this snack, 



Mixed of Original & Chocolate.

And then book grab and headed back to our hotel after that. I notice it's slightly difficult to get grab in Pavilion VS in KLCC. Pavilion is always super busy with heavy traffic.

They have 2 entrance to Hotel Majestic and this was the entrance to the other Majestic Hotel, which the grab driver always get confused and happened to drop us here instead of the autograph collection's entrance. So we always tell them it's okay and we will walk a bit. Anyway, look how nice it light up at night.

And then we realized our hotel had shuttle bus to some shopping centres,

We wanted to try the shuttle bus service but we always go out at odd hours. Hehehe! And too lazy to catch the shuttle bus timing as grab was too convenient in KL.

Of course, ended Day 1 with a me-time session in the bath tub.



Day 2 - 11th March 2019

It was slightly of an adventure for Day 2. We used to go to KL for just food and shopping but ever since with Klook, it's amazing that you can also check out activities that are available on that particular country that you're heading to, which I never thought some activities actually existed. Hehe!

We chose and booked the activities we wanted except I was contemplating on one. It was the Sky Dining in KL. I really wanted to try that but both D and I are a bit of weak-heart when it comes to activities like this. πŸ˜… HAHAHA! But despite all that, my desire to try is always there, as long as it's not too scary like those scary roller coaster rides. Ah nope! πŸ™…‍♀️ To me like tak rugi kalau tak try pun. Lol! Some of my friends said it's such a waste that I paid the trip to enter Everland in Korea but didn't try any of those rides. But I didn't have such feelings. I'm still grateful that we get to enter and see Everland despite not taking the rides. Besides there are many other things to see, like the Tulips Garden and their mini zoo adventure which we did. I'm not exactly a fan of rides. We wanted to try one not scary rides in Everland though, but the queue was crazyyyy and we didn't have the budget to splurge on express pass.

Anyway, since this KL trip was supposed to be a "budget" kind and the sky dining wasn't cheap either. (It was a short 3-course-meal that cost at least $100 over for one person.) So we thought, maybe next time when we go to KL again. We visited the KL Tower. I think I'm into Towers and those Underwater World/Sea Aquarium kind of visit. Hehehe!

KL Tower

We wanted to take the LRT but the weather was just too hot. Grab was just convenient. So we grabbed to KL Tower. Hehe! Luckily we did because from the bus drop off point, you have to climb  the hill up to KL Tower. Nope! I'm not going to do such in that kind of weather. πŸ™…‍♀️ Our grab driver drop us off to the entrance of KL Tower. We exchange our Klook voucher at the counter for our tickets and were ready for sight-seeing.

I bought the tickets that allow access to both observatory deck + sky deck and the sky box.

While waiting to enter the sky deck.

We reached at about 1.30pm and there were quite a few tourists and even locals there. Even school kids that went for school excursion but those kids left after that. So mostly, you get to see the view from on top of the sky deck. It's an open deck, thus, no shelter. Luckily, it wasn't raining, so we get to walk around but the weather was just scorching hot. ☀🌞 We thought it will be cold, since we're higher to the sky, but nope, due to the sun. But I guess it will be cooler at night.



We saw people taking photos at the sky box and we wanted too despite being afraid. Hehehe!


Look at the transparent glass. Don't look down if you're scared. Not really for people who are afraid of heights.

So while queuing up we realized, we have to go back to the entrance where we queue to get a queue number separately for the Sky Box. Zzz! But luckily our it wasn't a long wait because we were quick to realize that we needed a queue number. And while we were busy queuing up for Sky Box 1, there is actually another Sky Box 2 hidden at the other side of the Sky deck. (We received 2 tickets stub) So mostly, people crowded at Sky Box 1 not realizing the other Sky Box 2.


Our Sky Box 2 number was called out first and I made friends with the staff there. Actually, I didn't. He started a conversation with me first. πŸ˜… And then went how I always "attract" people to always strike conversation with me because probably I have a friendlier face. Lol! The staff asked where I was from. The staff thought I was a Filipino because of my hair and my skin tone colour, πŸ˜‘ only to be surprised that I am from Singapore. Then he asked if I'm Chinese and I told him that I'm Malay and again he was surprised. Then he said, I probably have a Filipino ancestor just that I wasn't probably aware. Ok.  πŸ˜‘ Lol! Then he went on telling us that he could speak 20 languages. So amazing! πŸ‘ And asked me if I could speak Sabah language. Ermm... No? πŸ˜‘ Heh! But due to the friendly conversation we had, he allow us to skip a queue and gave us longer time to take pictures at the sky box 2 but D and I didn't need that extra time because you know...our hearts couldn't handle the height. Hehehehe! We quickly take pictures and move on to Sky Box 1.

They have their own photographer to take our pictures too which turn out to be nicer than my own camera BUT the price, we felt was a rip off. It was RM160 for just 2 pictures. So, we decided not to buy it. Luckily, they allow us to take pictures using our phone.

Headed to Sky Box 1 and this was the funny part. We bumped into this particular ang moh who smiled at me while we were queuing to head up the sky deck. He probably thought I was alone like him until he realized my husband, was standing behind me and I had a ring on. D just gave the stare. HAHA! I mean, I'm not cheeky k. He smiled and I just smile back what. Not like I was flirting with him or what but I decided to snap his picture. Hahahahahaha!

Thus the insta story caption. Lol!

It was our turn after him, the girl who took our pictures was nice too. She took pictures of us and even tell us "Taknak selfie?" Which we did after that despite being scared. Then quickly left. Lol! We sat at the Sky deck cafe and had a iced chocolate before heading to the observatory deck (air-conditioned), had Oreo Ice-cream and off we grabbed to KLCC, this time hungry for lunch. Hehe!

Leg selfie count? Lol!

KLCC,

Our journey revolves around KLCC and Pavilion for food. This time we headed to the information counter straight and ask the lady where was Dotty's. She directed us, one floor up and turn left. We did and we found Dotty's. It was there all along, we went to all the floors the day before but just happened to skip that ONLY floor where Dotty was. πŸ™„




D ordered some Peace Tea and it was so nice while I ordered Red Velvet Frappe thinking it was a chocolate strawberry drink. But nope, it turn out to be Coffee. Lol! So I gave the drink to D and took his Peach tea. Hehehe! 😝

Our cheese fries which we couldn't finish. Hehehe!


We were so full from all these but I know Dotty's is well-known for their pastries and dessert. So guess what? Hahaha! Yes, I packed them back to our hotel. We walked around KLCC, I bought some tidbits and we grab back to our hotel. Lol! That's what we do. Grab here and there and back to our hotel. Hehehehe!


Reached our hotel, tried a bit of these pastries and dessert and then for some reason I feel like I wanted to soak myself in the bath tub. I guess must be the hot weather.

Enjoying the TV from the bath tub, can't be bothered to one the screen in the bathroom. I'm afraid I'll drop the control inside the bath tub which I ALMOST. πŸ˜₯




D ended up sleeping.

After that, I end up dozing off too and couldn't wake up and it was almost evening time when I wake up. I fit my schedule for 2 places to dine in till the last day, so we could cover all the places I wanted to eat. But was feeling reluctant as we were all still feeling slightly full and it was already almost 8pm. But I was so incline of heading to that place. I check out the timing of the restaurant and it closes only at 11pm. Perfect! We quickly get ready and grab our way to Gardens Mall. I knew D doesn't like disappointing me. Heh! He dare not deal with my merajukness (sulkiness).




We quickly make our way to the restaurant.



We recently saw this newly open Korean restaurant from HHWT. And then Hana also told me to check-out this place since I'm in KL. So the more I feel so incline to try. Hehe! There weren't many people except for 2 couples before us and then one after we were about to leave. I guess it's probably already late. The staff attended to us, only we felt like they were rushing us, I guess because they wanted to close but it was only 9pm. ☹

We didn't know how to order initially but the guy we asked for help from was very helpful. He told us what people usually order and so we followed but instead of just chicken, we also ordered Bulgogi and Army Stew. Hehehe! And here I thought we were full? 😏 Greedy humans!



What we ended up ordering. πŸ™Š

The ambiance is nice I would say.



And here came our orders,

I ordered this drink because I knew it would change colour. Hehehehe! According to the staff "Airnya akan bertukar warna." Fuhhh! And the lemonade was nice too.

The sides that came when we order






I guess they were rushing to finish BBQ-ing our food and wanted to close early that the staff decided to BBQ our bulgogi on the other side of the table since there was no one there. We didn't feel comfortable, especially me trying to finish my food in a rush. I regretted coming so late but oh well, at least I get to try the food.






Our Army Stew

Koreans always finish up their soup when they have their Army stew. If there's left over soup, they will order rice. We couldn't be like the Koreans. Lol! Plus we were rushing to leave. So we ate all the noodles and ingredients and left the soup as it is.

The staff were nice and polite asking if the food was okay etc. I wish I could tell them how they shouldn't be rushing their customer but well, they need to go home too. And then the shocking part is when we were about to pay. HAHAHAHA! We spend a good almost RM200 for just 2 person at this restaurant. 🀣 Shocked the living life out of me because by then we were almost short of cash and we had another 2 days to last. No choice, we had to change somemore moolahs the next day.

Can't help that we are also always grabbing here and there but we can't afford to not grab, especially when we are not so familiar with their public transport and getting around on our own. Plus grab isn't that too expensive either. After feeling full and the shock from the bill, we grabbed back to our hotel.

Rest, sleep and ready for Day 3 in the next entry.

XOXO,
Princess Azie Anni 

No comments: