Sunday, March 23, 2014

Daily Scoop

Dear Diary,

Good morning upper east siders! Sorry, not Gossip Girl. Hehe! I am awake early at this hour. Gotta take a shower and head off to work later on. Yes, I'm schedule to work today's Sunday this month. Smiley And then meeting my dearest girlfriends after work. Talking about my girlfriends, guess what they bought for me as an advance Birthday gift?!

 photo IMG_8967_zps05caaf74.jpg

 photo IMG_8965_zps78da3499.jpg

The Pandora bracelet & charms! Yes, I ask Pag to put it on for me the moment she passed it to me. I was so happy that I scream and jumped for joy when I got this. And I have 4 charms now already on my chain plus another 1 cat charm that Pag still have them ordered for me. Wee!

 photo IMG_8956_zpse572c3e4.jpg

Don't mind the 'Azie' bracelet, it was given by S and it's one of my favourite as well. Hehe!

I have been wanting to get one but it was so expensive and I'm not going to splurge myself on these kinds of expensive stuff. So all I did was just to keep the catalogue in my shelf and look at it once in a while. HAHA! But finally, I got this on my wrist!

 photo IMG_8970_zpsc1bd0c97.jpg

Girlfriend Hanali & Pag have one for themselves too and Pag has completed hers! Hehe! And the best part, just like the Pandora slogan say, 'Your bracelet, your story'. It really explains your liking and I think even explain what kind of person you are from all the charms you have. I have ordered 4 more charms, a dangling tiara, a lock and key, eiffel tower and a red faceted separator bead. I love Eiffel tower, I have one pasted in my room, my Christmas water bottle gift is an Eiffel tower from JM and I'm getting an Eiffel tower charm! Yay.

Hopefully, to complete the whole chain with charms when my Birthday comes this year. Hehe!

---

Anyhoos, I am still in my post-examinations mood celebration even though exam's are over like 1 week ago. Lol! I don't know how elated I feel. Okay, not really elated because I have actually not graduated yet. More like a little bit stress-free.

 photo IMG_8823_zps7dd7a0f9.jpg
Spent the afternoon catching up on movies that I've missed. I catch 'Thor - The Dark World' the other day. You can find all the movie reviews in my Facebook. I usually keep my movie reviews public.

So, I was being a pretty laid back after the exams until my lecturer email us and mention that all of us have got to choose and submit our chosen dissertation project topic before the 31st March. I have definitely left than a week to choose my topic and I still cannot decide! Smiley

There are like 20 over topics to choose from! And mostly are about Cancer and their bio-markers and few of them are Microbiology topic. Even so, the Microbiology topic seems a bit vague. And as a Microbiologist, I would rather choose a Microbiology project topic but I'm afraid I will have a problem finding journals to that, compared to Cancer topic, it's much easier. There are a lot of research done about cancer and I love cancer & oncology topic, it was one of my strongest module in Polytechnic scoring mostly A's. It's interesting BUT you need a deeper understanding to this because there's just many terms that you'll definitely come across with. I can just imagine I'll be more confused than ever.

30 journals to fish out. Goodness gracious me. Smiley I just hope like again, I can pull through this. At the same time, I am so worried about my exams results. Wonder how I fair for it after writing mostly crap this semester. Smiley

---

Enough about school, it's giving me a headache. As I have not met my cousin for quite some time, I decided to give them a treat for some Waffles Ice-cream. Oh yes, we are always venturing into nothing but Waffles Ice-cream. Haha! There are still a few more places that we have yet ought to venture together and try. We did Swensen's and Gelato the other day, personally, I have tried Createaf Waffles as well and 2 days back, we tried 'Daily Scoop'.

 photo IMG_9026_zpsc92a6956.jpg

I would say the ambience is really comfy and cozy. The staff were nice as well but I find the place pretty cold, so don't forget to bring your cardigan or jacket if you are cold intolerance like me. Hehe!

For people who love variety of ice-cream flavours, well for me, I don't really quite fancy their ice-creams. They have just mostly basic flavour like Strawberry, Vanilla etc. But I love to venture into more different flavours like how Ben & Jerry's would have. I wanted to try their Butterscotch flavour but there's pecans and I don't eat nuts. The only options I'm left with was Hazelnut Haven and Kookie Monster. I love Cookies & Cream, so I settled for Kookie Monster together with Cousin Dil while Cousin Lyna had the Hazelnut Haven.

Price wise was okay too. I don't know how much a waffle or one scoop of ice-cream would cost if you were to pay separately. I chose their promotion set. 1 waffle plus a scoop of ice-cream and chocolate sauce cost $6.20. Affordable right? Smiley An additional 50 cents for maple syrup.

 photo IMG_9016_zps9ef160cc.jpg

 photo IMG_9017_zpse47d5d2f.jpg

Look at thoseeeee! Salivating aren't it?! Hahahaha! 

So here's come the verdict. I'm a sucker when it comes to reviewing food because I am not picky and all food usually taste nice to me even if other people don't find it nice. So, you can just imagine when I say a particular food is horrible, it's definitely 100 times horrible for other people. Lol! Smiley

The Ice-cream is nice and the waffles, is really soft as well. - Quoted from cousin Dil. I would of course recommend this place a 'to go for' especially for some good affordable waffles ice-cream. I just hope the waffles was bigger. Hehe!

Till here, I am going to spam with a little more pictures of Waffles ice-cream.

 photo IMG_9019_zps570dcc22.jpg

 photo IMG_9022_zpsc7de5bca.jpg

 photo IMG_9018_zpsb0b57274.jpg

Daily Scoop
43 Jalan Merah Saga
Singapore 278115
6475 3128


XOXO,
Princess Azie Anni 

No comments: