Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Convocation Briefing Day + Graduation Gown !

Dear Diary,

Last Monday, I had my convocation briefing in school. We were brief on the things to do and not to do during that day. Which I don't quite remember having such briefing during my Polytechnic days. Okay did we? All I remembered was putting on the graduation robe and going up the stage without having to bother about anything at all. (Just hoping I won't fall or slip while on the stage.) Okay, probably some important bits to remember like having to stand at the area that we are supposed to stand, to shake hand, receive the certificate with both hands, to smile and look at the camera. Hehe!

And the NEW thing about this convocation this time round was to 'bow' first when our name is called. Can I not bow please? :zonked: Because when a student did a demo on stage, his mortar board almost dropped. And that feathery fur thingy, got in the way, like seriously, right on the face! Smiley So embarrassing! Hahahaha! Smiley



The briefing ended earlier than expected. And since I was early, I headed back to work. And my school had REAL Christmas tree put up the lobby. It's so pretty!





And of course, collected my 2 guest tickets for my convocation day itself. Hoorahhh!
 

 
---

And yesterday, was my collection of my graduation gown. You can say, I was rather excited because I don't really care about the graduation gown, honestly, just the mortar board. I remember feeling a bit disappointed that our Polytechnic graduation doesn't require us to put on the mortar board. HAHA! So, paid $200 deposit and a $40 for the rental of the graduation gown. The $200 will be returned back upon the returning of the graduation gown.



I have this urged to keep the graduation gown, I mean more of the mortar board !! But, people told me I was insane to burn my $200 for just a graduation robe which I won't be wearing it anymore after the grad ceremony. HAHA! So okay, I shall have one photo shoot session with my family and D of course and that's it, return it back on the 15th.

The different University graduation gown coloured coded sash. And that's Aston University, the last one!

I was too happy after putting on the graduation gown. Remind me partly, of Emma Watson's graduation day. She definitely look so pretty with the mortar board on. I'll definitely have one Emma Watson's shot on that day. HAHAHAHA! Smiley

 

This is just the moment I have been waiting for. Somehow, I flashback to that very day when I was in Secondary 4, in the classroom. I remember my form teacher, Miss Fazlin, asking the class to pen down 5 important things we all want to achieve in life.

I remember writing passing my O'levels with 14 points as one of the point and the other was to enter University. And when I wrote that, I was hoping but at the back of my mind, I did not ever think that I'll be able to make it one day. But Alhamdulilah! Here I am now. Amin Amin! This would not be possible without everybody's doas for me as well as God's willing. Amin Ya Rabbal Alamin.

So these few days will just be me meddling around with that mortar board!
 
2 more days to my graduation convocation day!

XOXO,
Princess Azie Anni.

No comments: