Sunday, September 07, 2014

Dissertation Presentation.

Dear Diary,

Had dissertation presentation. Scary as it seems to be. I was supposed to practice over night since I went out the day before to celebrate D's birthday. But guess I was too tired, I end up sleeping till the next day.

Woke up pretty panicking since I wasn't that well-prepared. But luckily, I have all the notes written out on what I wanted to say during the presentation, just that I didn't have the time to practice in front of the mirror, which I promised my unimates. HAHA!

I had a few hours left to leave the house before my presentation, that starts at 1100 hours. Took a quick shower and immediately printed my notes hoping to read them in the train while on my way to school.

The best part is when I was in the train and...


I realized this was how my notes was all printed out to be. There was no way I could really read, only some of the words I can try to figure out what it was.

Nevermind about that.

Reached school half an hour later than the time that I'm supposed to reach. I was the 3rd to do presentation before my 2 other unimates, Alvin & Isaac. I was already so panicky and nervous. I knowwww... the 3 years in RP of practicing to do presentation everyday doesn't really quite help now. I mean, it did before. I was so confident presenting in front of everybody but now.... it kinda died off since it has been 4 years ago. Lol!

It was my turn next, I shivered. As I put my thumbdrive in to open my PPT slides, the presentation slides did not open. !!!! It said something about the format not being compatible with the laptop. I almost wanted to die at that point of time. I asked Alvin to help me change the PPT extension format to something else and it still doesn't want to open. I was about to break down but it was a blessing in disguise that Vaish brought her laptop along. So I stick the thumbdrive into her laptop and Alhamdulilah, my PPT pops on!

After presentation, it felt like a little relieve. I know that it was the end of everything. I could literally list every "painful" days I felt during those 2 years...

My long days of rushing from work to school, it wasn't easy. Sometimes you have plans, but you can't, because you have school. Those days of trying so hard to stay awake in class so that I could pay attention in class. The non-stop munching/snacking in class because we were just too hungry. I have never drank coffee or take any caffeinated drink, started them only when I started schooling + working. I can really take a lot of coffees especially during the exam period and how it felt terrible after that because my body is not the coffee kind. So I always end up having coffee withdrawal symptom at the end of it and it feels freaking terrible. I can just go on for hours vomiting.

Those late night assignments trying to rush through them, catching the dateline. Still, I end up missing datelines. -_-' Crazy difficult formative assessments that almost killed me. Burning the midnight oil to study just because you don't have the time to really study due to work. Sacrificing yourself to bring your laptop to work, hoping you could use the lunch time to squeeze in for some study period and even after all that, you don't have the time to. No more annual leaves because you keep taking them for exams and assignments completion.

Those days I have missed Hari Raya for. Those days I got left for while my whole family went out enjoying. Those days I feel pretty lousy of myself studying while people don't have to feel so much stress like me. HAHA! But it is now over.

Not literally over because I am still feeling pretty afraid of the results. I have no idea what I was writing half the time. Apparently, I heard the results will be out on the 3rd October.

Anyhoos,

Alvin, Isaac, Eileen, Vaish & I had a lunch buffet at 21 on rajah, Days Hotel.


 


 
 
 
 
And of all food, I LOVE this the most. My favourite kind of pasta.

Overall, the food was just alright for lunch buffet, not sure about dinner though. But frankly, I won't come back again here. Lol!Smiley

After lunch, we headed down to Balestier Plaza to catch a movie but the movie timing was rather a little bit far off for us, so we took a cab down to Cathay, Cineleisure.


As the movie started, I went like "NOT AGAIN, SCIENCE?! ARE WE NOT OVER THIS?" Hahaha! Because Lucy is a movie which involves more about neuroscience, study about the brain. Err. But the gory part seriously, I was too full from buffet, I almost throw up. I wasn't like this the last time before. :( Tell me, how am I supposed to work under Forensic science? Lol.

Till here, while I figure out what am I supposed to do with my boring life now. HAHA!

XOXO,
Princess Azie Anni.

No comments: