Friday, February 12, 2016

Food an idea.

Dear Diary,

I woke up fringing late for work today from my usual 5.45am.:-SS I couldn't even hear my alarm clock. Happily woke up at 8.30am and yes of course, jumped out of my bed, showered and rush off to work. Sad, I can't even do Fajr, makes me super guilty. Luckily, my clock is a digital clock. Can you imagine if it's the analogue kind. I prolly be counting the lines in those clocks wondering what time it is before I start showering. Yes, I can't read analogue clock well...sadly. :roll:

Reached work like 45 minutes late. Tsk!

Anyway, I have to share this a dessert place I recently try out during the CNY holiday. It's called 'The Famous Ice-Cream Roll Shop.' Well, I am not sure how famous are they since nowadays you find so many Ice-cream roll shop, like happyrollies and etc. But...the Ice-cream is nice of course. And technically, I think all these ice-cream roll taste the same, depending on what flavour and toppings you decide to have.


 
Top is Oreo + Kinder Bueno roll and Kit Kat topping and the bottom is Vanilla + Kinder Bueno waffle. Yum yum of course! And the good thing, it's H-A-L-A-L. And guess what? The oldest place in Singapore. I didn't know besides Pulau Ubin, literally in Singapore there IS a Kampung house. So niceeeee! Imagine if it's Hari Raya. I could probably play your fire light stick? Omigod. For a moment, I forget what that thing is called. Hahahahaha!

 
 ---
 
I look back on the old pictures when Ressal family came over to our house for merisik. To merisik Adik before their engagement. Lol! big grin And I happened to take pictures of the food that Mama prepare on that day. It was just a close affair for merisik lah of course, compared to your engagement and compared to a wedding ceremony. It's just between 2 families. Yerpssssssss.
 
And so Mama made the dried Mee Siam and at alsooooooo.... your Roti Kirai and Chicken Curry. That gives me the idea too. The challenging part comes in because THIS time, I'll be the one cooking. No Mama. cry And I haven't master this part of cooking yet. I mean, I cook to my own liking most of the time. I eat whatever I cook but to cook for people, it's scaryyyyyy. I have never done that before. Okay, I lie. Maybe to people who are closer to me that I usually bake and cook for them. Heh! Smiley

 
So my first attempt of my dried Mee Siam. I don't know if I'm being thick skin or what lahhh.  Smiley But it's sedap. I like it so much. HEHEHEHEHE! And even Ayah and Muhammad likes it too. Recipe courtesy of my secretary, Anita. She ALWAYS give recipes and guide me with cooking. Plus her recipe is always THE HIT okayyyyy. And of course, the rest is on your own. Different people have different technique and ways of cooking. Sometimes, it's JUST-THE-HAND. Like they say, air tangan orang yang masak tu. Though my hand haven't fully "transform" when it comes to cooking, I hope Mama has pass down her "hand" to me and one day I'll master them. Yes, my mom's cooking is the greatest. Yum yum!
 
Enough food. I don't know how many times this year I've been unwell. Right now, another fever, another sore-throat. Gosh! Haizzzzz! And feeling the feverish cold now. Smiley Get well soon Princess. Syafakallah. Amin!
 
XOXO,
Princess Azie Anni 

No comments: