Thursday, November 17, 2011

Prom night recalled

¨°o.O (Post) O.o° 2301 hours

I was somehow excited for my Secretary’s daughter because they are all having their prom night in a few days time after their O’levels and one of her daughter is having hers today.

Somehow, it made me recall my days when I had my very own prom night both after my N’levels and O’levels. Those exact excitement kind of feeling, trying to dress up, to look pretty and possible that only night you want people just to see a different side of you. Yes, they have always been seeing in school uniform, I’m sure we just want to stand out and possible looking stunning. =)

It touches me that she actually goes around with her daughters to get their prom night dresses. Well, it’s not that my Mom wouldn’t do the same. I know she would if she could, but we were so financially tight ever since! My secretary even mentioned that her daughters could spend no more than a $100 EACH for their prom dresses. How lucky right?! I still remember that night, I was so afraid to ask Mom & Dad for just $50 to attend my prom night. Not that they would scold me, but I’m afraid how they would actually find that amount of money just for me to attend my Prom. Well, eventually dad did. I remember that very night he work so hard, coming back late just to earn that extra $50 for me to attend prom. =’(

Aside from having problem attending Prom, I had a problem too buying new dresses. Just by the name I call myself and what people call me, of course I wanted to be the Princess of the day! I wanted to dress on trendy nice clothes, I wanted to buy new pretty ones, seeing them on store just made me feel like grabbing and buying them just like how my friends did but knowing my situation, I wouldn’t ask for more. Being able to attend Prom was already everything to me.

Thank God, my auntie wanted to throw away one of her old maxi dress. She asked if I wanted them because she said I could fit in those if I want them and looking at the condition, it looks not bad. So I told her, I would be glad to have the dress. And so yes, I used that for my N’level prom night.

For my O’levels prom night, I had the exact same problem too! And knowing my situation, my cousin’s ex-fiancé gave one of her long tube prom dress to me. I still remember the dress was quite long and so I asked mom to alter and make it shorter, so that I’ll look a bit hippy in that.

I don’t even have money to buy make-up and so I seek help from my Cousin, Lyna to help me with the make-up. She’s very good in doing make-up and so, she did my make up for both my prom nights as well as my 21st Birthday party.

Subsequently, while people have their own chauffeur to chauffeur them all the way to their desired venue for Prom, I too have my very own hero to do that for me and he is my dad. =)

Last but not least, my boyf who was not really in the picture because he did nothing. Oh wait, did he do anything for me? Well, he was somehow mentally and physically there for me. HEHE! I should still give him credit though because he fetched me both from my Prom night and sent me home. And I remembered those upsetting moment, when I had that tube dress on at Prom night and those hooligans from my school, saw boyf coming to fetch me and went “Fetching your girlfriend eh? Wahhh! Your girlfriend so sexy and pretty today sehh! I have never seen her off uniform before.” Such a jerk!

And I know my prom was over like ancient years ago but seriously, without the help of these people I mentioned, it wouldn’t be a memory that is worth remembered.

Oh did I mention that my secretary’s daughter bought that dress that I wanted so much at Zara?! It’s SO NICE I SWEAR but it is so freaking expensive! About 90 bucks! =((( I wish I could buy it, well I can but still, I cannot “afford” to buy such expensive dress for myself. I will feel so guilty! My dresses are all definitely 10 and below. HAHAHAHA!

And the boyf is driving his Army lorry now here and there going around Singapore. He called me a while ago that he was told to drive inside the Malay cemetery at Jalan Bahar and was having a funny strange kind of feeling. Poor boy! Hope he finishes soon and can go to bed. I miss that shmelly boy sho much already.

Goodnight!

XOXO,
Princessazie Bella<3
Elena Gilbert(:

No comments: