Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Kiss-Me!

Dear Diary,

I would like to wish all those who are celebrating this festive joyous season a,

I may not be celebrating Xmas but definitely living in a multi-racial country and having friends who celebrate them, no doubt I receive quite a few presents as well. Weee!

My company had 2 rounds of Gifts exchange session. One was together with the whole colleague including the dispatch during our Audit cum Xmas dinner. We did 'Secret Santa' which video I have them uploaded in my Facebook (which is currently deactivated).

Secret Santa

It was really fun because we had our names written in the paper and each one of us had to pick a name. After which, we had to buy the person a gift below $10 and be all secretive about it. It was only on that day itself we will know who had actually pick our name.

Inside my heart, I don't know why but I wanted to get D since it will be his last year with us this year, so I thought I wanted to get him something before he leaves. And A wanted to get HA, while HA wanted to get ZO. Guess what? The first draw lots, we REALLY got who we wanted. But JM got her own name, so we had to put back our names again and re-draw. A didn't want to put hers in, so I clearly guess that she did get HA afterall. We draw lots for quite a bit, I think for 5 rounds? And ALL 5 rounds, I got D. I don't know how I do it, even when I tried to be the last one to pick the paper, I still got D. It was only the 2nd last round, I pick my own name and we had to re-draw lots again. Even so, I still pick D's name on the last draw. Guess "It's fated."

After which I had a hard time getting D a gift. Because I had CHOCOLATES and something else in mind, when he mentioned "Whoever got me, I don't want Chocolate. Chocolate is usually forgotten once eaten but it'll be best to get something that person can remember as a form of memory." Shoots! Smiley I try to think of all sort of gifts but some seems to be inappropriate and some might be too redundant to keep.

And so one thing about me, is the ability to catch what a person say. I usually observe, notice and listen attentively to the things people tell me and do. So, I remember that D mention before that he loves coffee and drinks coffee every morning. So I had a coffee cup in mind. I wanted to just get a coffee cup but since he is some sort of a "sentimental" guy, the next thing I thought was to customize the cup. But I left it really last minute, just one day before the gifts exchange day to look for the gifts. And some shop took few days to get the cup customize. No choice, I had to customize the cup on my own.

I went to search for high and low and from one end to another end just to look for a plain cup. But believe it or not, there was NONE! This always happen, when you want them, they are nowhere to be found. When you don't want them, you see plain cups everywhere! I even had to take half-day leave just to look for the cup! Grr!Smiley

But before that, I went to H&M to look for another alternative in case I can't find a plain cup as as gift. I found a V-neck shaped t-shirt which was on sale that I think will suit D. But I couldn't decide on the colour and the size. There was only a few colour on sale, Black, White and Dark Red. He doesn't wear any of these 3 colours but according to my colleagues usually to be safe, it'll be better to get Black. But I seriously think the Dark Red suit him very well. So I just got him the Dark Red in Size M. Since S was too small and L was too big.

 photo IMG_3369_zpsff5f8464.jpg

I still couldn't find the plain cup, when my manager who was also on half-day leave managed to find a plain cup at her place and so, she bought it for me. I had to buy permanent markers as well to write on the cup. D's favourite phrase is "Who's the Boss?" each time when he sees us. So I decided to get that written on the cup. But I can only decorate the cup the next day which is during the gifts exchange day itself. Thank God, D was on leave that day, so I managed to sneak some time in between tea breaks and lunch to complete the decoration.

But I had so many set backs when I tried washing the cup after writing it, the marker got wash away. So, I had to rush to buy a new permanent marker that is specially for glass surfaces and re-decorate them. Everybody, especially my manager was quite touch with the effort that I put in just for D. So, he better appreciate it!

 photo IMG_3372_zps260dba24.jpg

 photo IMG_3373_zps86eb46df.jpg

And on the day itself, of course he wasn't expecting the gift from me. Hehe! He did tell me he uses the cup for coffee every morning. He did wear the shirt I bought to work the other time and my colleagues did mention that he wore the shirt a couple of times too even when I was on leave. Alhamdulilah!

 photo IMG_3374_zps2e5d84a3.jpg

And who was my secret santa?? It was JM! I confidently thought it was D but apparently not. JM was really GOOD at tricking me and making me think that she got HD all these while. Lol! Smiley

Second gifts exchange

This wasn't secret santa. It's a mutual exchange between just us, the girls. Hehe! And these are my wrapped gifts for the girls.

 photo IMG_4536_zpsf9ea8a08.jpg

After exchanging, these are all my gifts from them. Yay!!

 photo IMG_4537_zpsbc0233c3.jpg

 photo IMG_4546_zps295836ef.jpg
Our gifts.

These chocolates are from my medical building management. The moment I heard from A and H that the management was giving chocolates away, I quickly ran down to the lobby with JM to grab a few. Sadly, I didn't get to taste the Hazelnut flavour becauseeeeee I had to start work and somebody finishes mine. Hmpf! Smiley

 photo IMG_4545_zps5fc5679d.jpg

And there is one thing about me. I HATE the feeling when I wanted to eat something but it's gone or not available for me to eat. Especially when I already firmly had it set in my mind that I want to EAT it. I know this is one BAD habit about me but I find it hard to change. Bet Azmi would also agree on this part because on a few occasion that I'll get annoyed and upset when we go out, is when the food that I wanted to eat is not available. HEHE! The feeling of disappointment will overpower me so much that I will even cry. So yes, I did cry when I saw all the Hazelnut was gone. Smack me someone.SmileySmileySmiley And CR comforted me with a, "Don't be too sad Azie. You'll soon have a better chocolate as a replacement." I somesort had an idea what CR would have gotten me from Xmas. WEEEEE!

So, when I was home, I opened the gifts...

 photo IMG_4548_zps1820efe3.jpg

 photo IMG_3437_zps4d86dae8.jpg
From A. I love Crabtree & Evelyn hand cream. It smells really nice. I love hand creams, body lotion etc.

 photo IMG_4550_zps744eb313.jpg

 photo IMG_4551_zps35b86c14.jpg
From JM. So poor thing! I wanted the Starbucks Candy Cane bottle and she went to look high and low for me but it was all out of stock. So, she got me this bottle instead. I love it anyway because why? It's a Eiffel tower. I've always wanted to visit the Eiffel tower. I have never mention to JM about liking Eiffel tower. I even have Eiffel tower picture stick on my bedroom wall. Good instinct eh. Hehe!

 photo IMG_3434_zps6fbb1950.jpg
My overall Christmas gifts from JM. The black lace top was given during the Secret Santa Gifts exchange. I love lacey top or dresses and there you go! The top is super comfy! Hehe!

 photo IMG_4553_zps50f14fca.jpg

 photo IMG_4554_zps843e9cac.jpg
From CR. I wasn't so upset about not getting to eat the Hazelnut chocolate anymore. Because nothing beats this chocolate. It's the BEST chocolate and it just MELTS in your mouth. Weee! I love it!

 photo IMG_4552_zps45c834be.jpg

 photo IMG_4572_zps7453aa1e.jpg

 photo IMG_3439_zps4e2b60b8.jpg
From H and I love the lipgloss. Wee!

---

I was schedule to work on Xmas even though it's a Public Holiday. Hehe! But I managed to finish my work quite early since there wasn't too much specimen. And I can't believe tomorrow is a working day again. Hmpf. I can't really sleep because I accidentally nap again in the afternoon. Till here.

XOXO,
Princess Azie Anni 

No comments: