Friday, February 13, 2015

Sunday Folks

Dear Diary,

Bought Starbucks 1-for-1 drink the other day. So Helen did the order first,

Boy: Your name please?
H: Helen.
Boy: Helen with E at the back or just Helen.
H: H-e-l-e-n.

Azie: Okay, if he is going to ask for my name. I am going to tell him my full name
H: Haha. Why?
Azie: Because not many know how to spell my name and they usually spell it wrongly. I want to see if he knows how to spell my name.
H: Okay. We shall see!

Boy: Your name please?
Azie: Azie Anni
Boy: Sorry?
Azie: Azie Anni.

And again, they usually give me this shocking face when they find out that I am Malay. Lol! So as soon as we got the order.

H: Azie! See if he spell your name correctly.
Azie: Nevermind. I put the drink inside the paper bag already. Later we reach the lab, then I check.
H: Okay okay.

Tada,


My drink came with a Smiley next to it. Lol! I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it. I mean that was really sweet, really cute. Hahahahaha! And the fact that I did not check at Starbucks itself and waited till I reach the lab to see it, makes it even more surprising. Hahahaha! I used to hate surprises but guess as I age, I tend to fancy them especially when it's heart-warming things like this. Awww. Anyway, nothing serious about this. He was just teasing me I supposed, since I frequent that Starbucks and he have seen me many times, just that we have never spoken to each other before and I usually refused to speak to stranger.

***

My body is pretty sore right now. From my thighs, my calves and mostly that is hurting are my arms and the core. I have been gooooood..gyming for the past few days. Gym-hopping, gym trials after work. Hehe! And I don't know what have gotten into me but I think I'm addicted to gyming? Is there even such an addiction? But still not to the extent of having a muscular body. [-X

I just love the feeling after gyming or during gyming itself. The sweat, the heart race, the struggle to push through not to stop even though I'm almost giving up, the muscle ache after that. Oh well, I'm a sucker for pain, am I not?

---

Anyhoos, it's FRIDAY today and the weekends are coming, which spell 'Cheat-Day' for me. I couldn't stop thinking about food since morning, rice particularly. So the moment it hit lunch time, I immediately left the lab to buy my lunch. Got myself RICE with lemak cili padi chicken + gravy, urap & soy sauce bull eye's egg. As I took a handful of bite.... Gosh! It felt so heaven, that I finally get to EAT! Smiley I was that deprive, sadly. Lol.

Even so I try to control my diet slightly today. I don't want to be over-eating because my workout will definitely be gone to waste. Especially when I kept thinking how I had to "fight" for the machines in the gym and how the struggle of pain to keep pushing on. So I decided to have just yogurt for my afternoon tea-time snack instead of Kinder Bueno chocolate.

Soon after, Cynthia from Roche dropped by and bought us Chinese New Year foodies. I mean, I'm grateful that they did but being me, I can't resist food and seeing food makes me want to eat, and eating makes me gain weight, and gaining weight means wasted workout.

Love letters. Pineapple tarts. Kuih bangkit and Almond suji. Picture credit to CR.

I am not a fan of kuih bangkit. So I had one Pineapple tart and the Almond suji. But eventually I end up eating 4 Almond suji. Because it was really nice, I couldn't resist. Hehehehehehe! Smiley It was so funny that my colleagues and I started counting calories. How much calories does each kuih contain. And all it does, was just make me feel guilty but not good enough to stop me from eating.

---

After work, headed down to 'Sunday Folks' for a rewarding cheat day for myself. The plan was initially to head down to Adam Road for Roti John special, but the plan kinda got side track since we end up being in Holland V instead. It was my first time here and I was too engross in what to order that I didn't take much picture.

 
 
Madagascan Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Waffle Ice Cream. Banana Walnut cake with Butterscotch. Iced Chocolate. Hot Cocoa.

Honestly, I wasn't able to finish it. But I was much curious to try their desserts since it was my first time. Guess how much the bill came up to?


I was kinda shocked to see the bill actually reaches $40!! Lol! Because if I were to have dinner at Adam road, for half this amount I would have been super super full. But all I end up was feeling sick of the food. The mual? Muak? (Whatever the word is) jelak kind of feeling. And guess once in a while it's okay to splurge on experimental food like this, just to see how it taste like.

Till here. This sore girl is heading to bed for work tomorrow. Yet on a lighter note, can't wait for a relaxation facial with Adik tomorrow after work at Royal Touch. I shall do a review on that in comparison to my usual facial at Spa Norfasarie. Insyaallah. NITEZ now!

Sunday Folks
Chip Bee Gardens
#01-52
44 Jalan Merah Saga
Singapore 278116

XOXO,
Princess Azie Anni 
#PrayforAzie

No comments: