Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Pre-Selection BTO

Dear Diary,

I guess my istikharah prayers have somehow been answered. I was initially undecided between the BTO of Bukit Panjang VS Sembawang, since both have their equal pros and cons. So I said my prayers to Allah SWT, if Bukit Panjang is good for us, then we will be able to make the cut for the HDB appointment, else we won't and just help us exceed the ethnic quota to just better relief us from getting Bukit Panjang ones.

However, seeing the ethnic quota count for the day and knowing I have some chances left, I actually stand by the computer the whole morning today at work. I left the 'Flats Available for Selection' of the HDB website of my 'aim' block and unit page opened throughout. I refreshed the page for like every half an hour and I just couldn't wait for the clock to strike 5.30pm, hopefully that will be the last appointment for the day and my 'aim' block and unit will be left untouched and not booked.

SADLY! Yes SADLY, at 4.45pm one of the unit I wanted in the 9th floor was taken. And I was left with the last unit on 11th floor to choose from because the rest are lower floors. Considering my queue number is the last 3 of the queue number that is within the available units offered, I, of course did not have much choice left to choose from all the units that is available now. Plus, is not very keen on the lower floor units and prefer higher ones, so of course, many have already been taken. Tsk.

Anyway, I was pining my hope high on the 11th floor unit, this time I got slightly distracted from work, I kept refreshing the page every 15 minutes till 5.30pm. BUT suddenly, at 5.31pm, the unit at 11th floor got booked right in front of my eyes, it just turned RED. Good gracious me! It turned RED, RIGHT in front of my eyes!!!  I just cannot describe the feeling at that point of time. Like, I wanted to just throw a whole tantrum around in the office, roll on the floor crying and screaming my hearts out BUT..of course I did not.

So I was complaining and telling D, that when the whole flat is ready, whoever this people who took my 'aim' flat away, at that block, at that unit number,
 

Hahahaha! Okay, just kidding. I won't kill you maybe that's too extreme BUT...


Yessss! 😔😔😔😔

I was interested with the 7th storey unit of  one particular block BUT...the problem is, nowadays the carpark comes with a rooftop and apparently this carpark + rooftop is quite high, so even the unit at level 7th will be blocked by the carpark & rooftop. I don't want anything blocking or obstructing my view when it comes to house, I don't want my living room or windows to face the carpark either, seeing cars going in and out. neutral Plus, I'm afraid that there will be no wind due to the obstruction, making the house feel hot and stuffy being blocked by tall/high buildings or carpark in this case. Thus, I prefer higher floors BUT all were already taken.

Alternatively, I had to make another choice since my appointment is tomorrow. I wanted another unit on the same floor, next to my 'aim' unit. My 'aim' unit is B and I wanted to go for A, next to it. BUT, the service yard at A is horrible. It's facing against 4 other houses service yards as you can see how I circle A, as I was showing it to D. 4 other surrounding buildings around it, I bet no sun or wind is going to be able to enter to shine or dry my laundry since the surrounding buildings are quite high too. Compared to B, the laundry is facing the B I've circled, so facing outwards, no building blocking, better wind, better sun, I supposed. Plus building A, I don't want to face and see other people while we are all doing laundry together. Lolols! The higher and top unit for this building will have a good laundry feel since the wind will be better at the higher floor but 30th storey is way too high for me, nope. =;


D suggested taking unit B at the 7th floor since 8th floor and above is already taken. I could just blindly agree with him but I am a person who scrutinize things and is this serious when making decision, especially in choosing our house. Like my friend said, it's almost our whole life investment, you have to love it or like it at least, or else, you're just buying it for nothing. To the extend that I wanted to go down to Bukit Panjang area and go up to any 7th floor new BTO houses that has a carpark + rooftop view, just to see if the 7th floor unit does get obstructed by the carpark + rooftop.

D of course seeing me so anxious, so "keen", so semangat, he decided to "accompany" me. The funny thing, I told him not to accompany me because I told him I can go recce the place on my own, I know he was feeling a bit lazy/tired despite him trying to tell me that he wanted to "accompany" me because he kept telling me there's NOTHING to see there, hoping that I go home. But I'm very determined like that, and when I "gave" him the green light not to accompany me, he bluntly agree and said he will be on standby in case I get myself lost in Bukit Panjang. I actually just wanted to see his effort of doing things for us actually, so many things I'm the one settle kan okay. Tsk! So, I got slightly annoyed and all I had to say was "You on standby? U never even make effort for our house. You are the one who wanted this Bukit Panjang place okay." All I had to say was that and the next sentence was "Ok...I leaving house now, I call you when I reach." Hahahahahahahaha! lol Funny boy. When he met me, he told me this, "I actually dah siap dah tadi. I know you will say something, I was just waiting for that to come. The moment you cakap aje, fuhhh, I terus mcm flash keluar rumah terus." HAHAHAHAHA! Basket. Guess he knows me well now. Hehehe!

So we went up one of the block at the 7th storey that has a carpark + rooftop garden, apparently, the carpark wasn't that high and wasn't obstructing the view at the 7th storey and I was just wondering why HDB put up this on their site on the unit I wanted to choose,



And D finally figure it out, there is going to be a supermarket and eating house at and near the carpark, that was the reason why the carpark + rooftop was higher compared to other carpark + rooftop garden. Thus, only the unit at 8th storey and above will be higher than the main roof garden (without having the carpark + rooftop obstruction).

Sad.

D and I sat down at a nearby block and started discussing to choose a whole different unit now. I honestly feel so sad because I was really aiming for that unit B at higher floors. The living room and bedroom window at B unit will have the main roof garden view and the service yard balcony will face another main roof garden at another block = perfect view and surrounding. I won't go for lower floors in that unit although I like it very much because not having obstruction around the house is important to me, in this case the carpark. My current house now doesn't have any obstruction to any flats except my secondary school which is only 3 storey high and I love how the wind can easily breeze through my house and feel cold at night.

We decided on another block and another unit, this time the unit have higher floors available but the main roof garden is not that high. And what makes me sceptical about it, it's...


The yellow arrow pointing towards direction, it's a Chinese Temple that is going to be built there. That is where the living room and bedroom windows will be facing, and I shall not further elaborate more. And before we left, D and I actually went to another block right up to the 20th storey to see the whole area of the flat land Bukit Panjang BTO, still under construction. Hehe!

And yes, I am still undecided. I have my answer to go for Bukit Panjang BTO but probably have no idea what block or unit it shall be. So stressful. I have like 9 hours from now to choose properly before my selection. Hurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhur! And I have to thank my colleague, Eileen. She actually sat down with me in the office till everyone left discussing on the unit for me to consider since the one I wanted have already been taken.

Till here, I'm supposed to sleep since my appointment is in the morning tomorrow and D's parents is fetching me at 8am but house decision still comes first.

XOXO,
Princess Azie Anni 
#PrayforAzie

No comments: