Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Post-BTO Selection

Dear Diary,

Today was the day, it was our house selection day. I shall no longer brag about how last my queue number was.

So anyway, D parents picked me up at 8.15am from home and drove us to the HDB Hub, Toa Payoh. We were all of course quite blur since it was D and my first time there and D's parents first time after 5 years I'm supposed? Lol! We reached the HDB Hub at around 8.45am and took the lift up to the 3rd storey, leading to the showcase floor where you can see approximately how all the different 2-room, 2-room flexi, 3-room, 4-room and 5-room flat will look like, feel like, especially their size in sqm. Since we were quite kiasu, so we skipped the showroom and decided to head down to the appointment area first and to come back later.

We reached the appointment area of HDB Hub and D typed his IC out on the system and tadaaaa, we received our queue number slip. We went to the information counter and the person said, they'll call us up at around 9.45am (our fix timing given) which was an hour later from what time it was. Tsk! My friend told me that if we come earlier than the first person who has an appointment before us, we will be served first but apparently not. Smirking smiley



D's parents was super excited about us getting a flat especially in Bukit Panjang area, they were so eager to look at the 3D model of the unit we wanted to choose. Hehehe! And so was my dad actually. I had Ayah's laptop on with the Bukit Panjang site map early in the morning before I left for my HDB appointment just to see and reconfirm what I wanted again. (Already the night before I couldn't sleep and went to bed only at 3am. :tired:) At the same time to confide and update Ayah on the new block that D and I might be choosing instead of the old one since it was already gone with the wind.

Of course, Ayah wasn't very keen initially on the new block that I wanted to choose because it was facing the Chinese temple, but that is the second best (I THINK) house to choose from in terms of view and less obstructions around the flat. I'm really very concern when it comes to the pemandangan (like Ayah would say. Hahaha!) The service yard is free from facing other people's house and have a rooftop garden view and so is my living room + bedroom, apart from the Chinese temple, there's another rooftop garden in front of it. And I really hope there's wind ~ ~ ~ breezing in.

So yes, I kinda left home with a heavy heart and undecided still when D texted me that his parents was already waiting for me at the loading area to pick me up. Not realizing, I left the HDB page opened on my Ayah's laptop. Half-way at the expressway, Ayah called me excitedly (apparently, he studied the page) and told me that the block was quite good since the temple is a bit far (hopefully) and the amenities around that area was good. He put down the phone and called me again the next second and said the block is really really good this time. LOLOLS! image D chuckled away at the back and said my dad can be funny-cute sometimes and said that I behave exactly like my dad. I disagree okay. I don't. Okay, maybe the indecisive part. confused emoticon

While in the car, I had the HDB site on in my phone and I kept questioning D if we are making the right decision in choosing the other block with the Chinese temple view. Since, the Chinese temple is.......really........causing.....me.....so....much...........doubts......dot dot dot.
 
         

And all D did was to keep laughing at me because he probably find my indecisiveness quite amusing. I can just be this indecisive. So I gave up while in the car and took a short nap and told D to let his parents decide rather, when we reach the HDB Hub.

Palm Emoticon Palm Emoticon Palm Emoticon

D parents "studied" the 3D model of the flat that we wanted to choose and their first option was of course the block we wanted to choose initially but knowing only lower unit floor that was only left, they were half-hearted about it too. I'm okay in staying at the lower floor since my current house now is only 3rd storey "high" but D and his parents stays at the 11th storey, so they are used to staying and be at higher floor. At the same time, I tried to accommodate to D preferences as well.



I then told D parents about the next block we wanted to choose as our next option and they said, it was good enough too. D parents wasn't concern much on the Chinese temple but more of what is going to be built opposite of our flat, since there is an empty plot there. I guess it probably be a high rise condominium, but I don't think it will block our view that much since we are facing the KJE, but not to near to be disturbed with traffic noises but hopefully to get good wind, good breeze.

With that, we, I, rather somehow come to a conclusion on that block (still feeling half-hearted about it) and the next indecisive thing we had was...which storey, which floor since that particular block has still quite a few high units left. Lol! And since that was the only thing left to decide and we are still early, we had breakfast at Delifrance while waiting for our appointment time.


After much discussion, we decided to take 8th storey unit instead. I'm slightly afraid of height after yesterday when I tried to go up to the 20th floor of another HDB house and while standing near the rubbish chute with the wind blowing so strong, looking down at our BTO site, it makes me feel slightly scared. I thought I was going to be blown away by the wind. Lol!

Balloon Emoticon Balloon Emoticon Balloon Emoticon

At 9.30am, we went back to the appointment waiting area, and continued looking at the 3D model when D's mom called us and said our queue number has been called up. We proceed to the room that was flashed on the screen, with D's parents following us too.

The good thing, we had the corner counter and this Malay lady had 2 small stool next to her and so all 4 of us get to sit down. So the lady asked us which appointment we're here for, is it the May or the August BTO, is it for the Bukit Panjang or Sembawang one. I was quite surprised that she asked, so I told her for the Bukit Panjang one of course. And she asked us, if we still wanted the Sembawang one, else she can proceed us with the Sembawang.

I didn't know they can actually do that, like as long as I have a queue number and I secure 2 queue number BTO at hands, I can use the nearest appointment to book for the later appointment. I could have gotten the best unit for Sembawang if I were to make a selection today in order to avoid leftover units, since my queue number for Sembawang was also quite far and the appointment is not till January 2017. BUT...we only came prepared for Bukit Panjang and I don't want to disappoint both of our parents, they are only keen on Bukit Panjang and not Sembawang either. I still remember D's dad were saying something, some remarks when he saw Sembawang and Bukit Batok 3D model. Thus, explaining they only prefer Bukit Panjang area.

So the lady asked us for the unit we have decided on, funny how D and I look at each other so blur and he just came up and chose the 12th storey. HAHAHAHAHAHA! I just cannot. How we jumped from 8th floor to 12th storey out of sudden. I guess it must be Allah's way of making this decision for us. D's mom was happy about the floor but she prefer higher floor that she even suggested us to take the 20th storey and I told her I cannot do it 20th storey, it's too high for me. Lol! And she was like "Azie takut eh tinggi-tinggi?" Like yes, I am and I have never stayed so high up like that. So while selecting the unit, D's mom saw 14th floor was also available and she was like "Achid! Tingkat 14 ada kosong." And D was like "Sudah, nanti nak terberak ke apa, nak tunggu sampai lift naik sampai ke rumah, tak sampai-sampai." I can just picture me! Omigod, almost every single day, I always left some things at home. I'll reach 1st storey and run back up to home to get it. Sometimes, I have already walked to the interchange and I realized I forgot some things and I'll walk back home. =X So I cannot imagine staying at higher floor. Tsk.

So the lady explained to us some things here and there, which I was seriously so gong about things. My usual "ah ah ah" but never understand some things. She asked if wanted the flooring and door to be built together, looking blur, she somehow knew we haven't seen them yet, so she told us to proceed to the 'flooring & door showcase' at the waiting area to have a look at the tiles and door if we wanted them included.


So D's parents and D was asking what flooring we wanted, if we wanted all Polished Porcelain or Vinyl Strip for our home. D prefer the Vinyl Strip flooring while I told them, I wanted Polished Porcelain for the living room (since it's almost off white colour, it can go with any wall colour painting) and Vinyl Strip for our bedroom to add one some flooring contrast in our house. So D and his parents said, we can go back and ask the lady if they can do that for us, 2 different floorings. WAH! Confidently! I bebual macam faham ah please. Contrast lah, match wall colour painting lah. HAHAHAHAHA! When we went back, the lady said, it's not up to us to choose which flooring we want, the flooring is by default, whatever is written there, it's whatever we will get. HAHAHAHAHAHA! image Zzzzz! HAHAHAHA! But I was happy because, it's exactly what I wanted. Hehehe! I was teasing D that I wanted marble flooring instead and he was like "U nak I kerja sampai mati ke?"  Hehehehe! I was just pulling his leg.


And I wanted to "choose" this door than the rest of other door available. Hahaha! And guess what? This door is default ours too. Alhamdulilah!

The lady then discuss with us the payment etc etc etc. We did a 5% down payment on our CPF for our house and then D did a deposit of $2,000 which we will get back by cheque in 3 months time. However, if we cancel the booking of our house, the $2,000 payment will be forfeited. After the administration stuff, we are good to go and to come back only in 3 months time, with the finalization estimation of the payment of our house after deducting grant and etc etc etc.

D's mom was like "Eh dah pilih kan rumah. Jom jom tengok rumah (3D model) tu lagi." So we went over to the 3D model structure and D's dad started counting the 12th storey of that block and went "Ni rumah korang kan. Achid, sign nama kau kat situ." Excited parents. Hehehehehe! Ayah was excited too, at 3pm he called me and asked me whether my appointment went smoothly. He was so shocked that we took or rather I agreed to take the 12th storey one. Lol! He was like "Mak oi, Tinggi nya!" Hahahaha!

We did finally visit the different 2-room, 2-room flexi, 3-room, 4-room and 5-room flat showcase room. Looking at the design and furniture arrangement etc, makes me feel so excited to have my own house already. Okay, 6 years from now. All the best. Hahahaha!

So after the appointment, D's parents send me off to work and they send D back to HTA since he was still having his ongoing course + practical test.

---

Everyone was pretty excited asking me about the house I have booked. They looked at our housing floor plan and also the site plan.

So according to some of my colleagues at work..

1) We chose the block that consist a lot of 2 rooms & 3 rooms flat and should have chose the other 2 blocks that have only 4 rooms and 5 rooms unit instead. I know this is being a bit too judgmental but there is somehow a factual to it. According to some of my colleagues, I hate to say this but you know those or rather SOME (not saying all) Malay couples probably "don't do too well" like yang tak betul kind or I'll like to say the hanyut kind, probably go for smaller flats and probably be noisy or be the lepak-lepak, mat rep kindaaaaaa. But some of my colleagues tell me to pray hard because it could be elderly people who just wants to downgrade to a smaller unit because their children are all married, which I hope.

2) The temple. According to some of my colleagues who stayed near temples say, it depends if the temple are the 'active' or the 'not so active' kind. Because those active temples kind will be quite noisy on a regular basis while those that are not so active kind, won't be that noisy. Maybe just occasionally.

And after work, D and I drop by to his brother's place to deliver his SIL their air fryer. Upon knowing that we already chose our flat, they too wanted to see our floor plan and site plan.

According to his brother, Sadiq. (I am not that sure what he work as, probably an interior designer if I am not wrong. D ever told me before but I didn't really pay much attention.) He said, we chose one of the good unit because it was a corner unit and our block doesn't get obstructed with any other surrounding unit, we are basically on our own - good views too. Lol! Furthermore, we are on the 12th storey high. And Sadiq did mention that by right our block should be gone by now because of how the block is like but surprisingly there is still quite a number of units left, which I have no idea why too. Must be the temple. Smirking smiley The good thing upon seeing our floor plan, Sadiq & Maria has already suggested some things here and there, like where we can place the dining table, where to place mirror to make the house look big etc etc etc.  Hehehe!

But all in all, we are half-way settle and good to go for now. Just awaiting for the SHG/AHG grant for approval which will take about few months time. I hope everything will go well and I hope my future house in 6 years time or hopefully be ready faster pleaseeeeeee and will serve my future family great love & happiness full of Iman & Takwah. Insyaallah. Amin.

Till here.

XOXO,
Princess Azie Anni 

No comments: